Guilt-Free Breakfast Cookies
4 cups high protein, high-fiber cereal, such as Kashi GOLEAN Crunch!
½ cup quick-cooking oats
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
¾ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg plus 2 egg whites
2/3 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350.Place the cereal in a food processor and process to a crumb texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the cherries, and process until well blended.
- Remove the blade and stir in the cherries.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil, and coat the foil with cooking spray. Spoon batter in 1/4 cup amounts onto the cookie sheet, leaving a 2-inch space between the cookies.
- Bake 12 minutes or until slightly golden on edges. Do not overbake; the cookies will not look totally done at this point, but they will continue to cook while cooling.
- Slide the foil (while the cookies are still on top) off the cookie sheet and let stand 7 minutes before removing the cookies. Makes 12 cookies total.
Nutrition: 350 calories (for 3 cookies), 7 grams of fat, 14 grams of protein, 62 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fiber.