Beth’s Easy Breezy Green Bean Salad
1 lb green beans, steamed
1 red pepper, sliced into strips
1 zucchini or squash, sliced
1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
6 ounces reduced-fat feta or goat cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the green beans, being careful not to overcook. They should still be slightly firm, crisp. Chill in a big serving bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a sautee pan turned to medium heat. Add the peppers and zucchini or squash and sautee until tender but not soggy.
- Add the entire contents of the sautee pan, including the olive oil used for sauteeing, to the green beans.
- Toss in the cranberries, almonds and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 30 minutes or so before serving.