Banana Nut Butter Muffins
3 ripe mashed bananas
¼ cup almond butter or your favorite nut/seed butter of choice
¼ cup egg beaters (or 2 egg whites)
¼ cup of agave nectar OR ½ cup splenda/stevia blend (try to use a natural sweetener!)
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
½ cup ground oatmeal (quick whirl in a blender or food processor)
½ cup whole rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips or ½ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with liners.
- Mix together Wet Ingredients until smooth in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together dry team in smaller bowl.
- Slowly add Dry Team to Wet Team, mixing only enough to pull batter together. Add in nuts/chips.
- Portion off into 12 muffin cups, bake for 13 to 15 minutes until knife inserted comes out mostly clean.
Nutrition per muffin: 120 calories, 3 grams of fat (the GOOD kind), 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber.