prevnext
Menu

Nut Thins & Nuttzo! 5 Favorite Protein-Carb Combos on the Go!

I really like to eat. So much so, I can be rather hurried and sloppy about it. As evidenced by today’s dress fiasco at the office:

IMG_0660.JPG

Now you know why I prefer to wear black. It shows less stains! Fortunately, I have a Tide to Go pen on hand at all times AND the food I choose to eat is healthy and nutrient-dense about 90 percent of the time. (The other 10 percent being for cake and other fun!)

Nutrition is such an important aspect of how we feel and the results we see from fitness efforts. That’s why we spent an entire week of Girl Power Summer Camp focused on nutrition. I WISH someone had taught me about healthy eating at that age!

IMG_0486.JPG IMG_0424.JPG
I have finally figured it out for the most part, but it’s been a struggle sometimes.

One of our focuses for nutrition was on healthy snack options. I told them about the ideal protein-carb-healthy fat combo for a snack, and shared some of my newly discovered and longtime favorites.

Blue Diamond sent their Artisan Nut Thins to try that same week, and it was a perfect example for our lesson.

IMG_0676.JPG IMG_0420.JPG
These are hearty, flavorful and free of gluten or any wheat. The girls’ favorite pairing was the Nut Thins topped with Nuttzo! That also happens to be a favorite of mine.

Here’s a quick rundown of my favorite protein-healthy fat-carb combos for snacking, in hopes it will inspire some healthy choices in your eating this week!
1. Gluten free crackers and nut butter: I am a Nuttzo fan and ambassador, so that’s my go to for nut butters. The Blue Diamond Nut Thins are REALLY good with Nuttzo. Try it!

IMG_0677.JPG
2. Fruit and nuts: Apple slices or banana slices and a handful of roasted almonds are a great, quick snack!

3. Protein smoothie with fruit: I have been doing a lot of smoothies using Muscle Gain and a banana plus ice after my Operation Shredded training sessions – a great way to replenish and rebuild these weary muscles!

IMG_8004.JPG  IMG_7073.JPG

4. Hummus or guacamole and carrots: Quick, savory, and pretty low in calories. This one is a no brainier.

5. Sweet potato topped with nut butter or coconut butter. Also known as “heaven on a plate and in my belly!”

IMG_0107.JPG

What snacks do you reach for in a jam?
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins.

Be a Badass...Share This!

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *