Need muscle recovery? Make these Chocolate Mint Muscle Cookies!
Yes, as much as I stick to a mostly Paleo and grain-free, low sugar eating plan, I can go to town on a really good cookie.
This was the scene in our conference room at Moore Communications Group this week:
Wow. So. Many. Cookies. We did a cookie exchange party to celebrate Christmas – not the healthiest of our MCG Wellness events, but we did encourage moderation by providing take-home bags. And sometimes, wellness means just enjoying the fellowship of friends and sugar.
Cookies make me happy. So in moderation, I eat them! Do you?
BUT guess what? You can have your cookie and stay healthy too! My contribution to the cookie exchange were these bad boys:
I call them Chocolate Muscle Mint Cookies. A grain-free chocolate dough with zero processed sugars, peppermint, dairy/grain/soy-free chocolate chunks from Enjoy Life, Nuttzo, and the star ingredient – Advocare Post-Workout Recovery protein powder in Chocolate!
The Recovery protein powder does a few things:
- Helps minimize muscle soreness after a tough workout
- Gives you protein and other essential nutrients for muscle repair to optimize muscle recovery
- Helps maintain and restore energy supplies during and after physical activity by giving you the post-workout mix of carbs and protein
- Contains the amino acids that are vital for all muscle recovery, growth and endurance
When I’m not devouring a cookie as I have been after workouts this past week, I actually do a scoop each of the Post-Workout Recovery and the Muscle Gain.
These cookies are so good, when I gave them to my friends Tonya and Chris and her three boys, this was Peyton’s reaction:
When the little ones devour them, you know it’s a baking score! So try these out. They are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while still getting in important nutrients!
Chocolate Mint Muscle Cookies
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 scoops Advocare Post-Workout Recovery protein in Chocolate
- 1 cup Nuttzo or favorite almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pure peppermint oil
- 1 tsp each baking soda, baking powder
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine all but the chocolate chips and mix until blended. Dough will be a bit sticky!
3. Mix in the chocolate chips with a big spoon.
4. Form the dough into balls and place on nonstick cookie sheet (or use parchment paper for easy cleanup).
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set.
This entry was posted on Saturday, December 20th, 2014 at 11:56 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.