Stadium workout, Nuttzo giveaway!
Wanna be humbled? Want to be reminded that just when you think you are at your most fit, there’s always a new obstacle out there waiting to hand you some humble pie before it makes you stronger?
Do a stadiums workout.
Saturday, Badass Fitness hosted a bootcamp at Doak Campbell at the request of many of our students. They showed up at 8 am ready to work — and beat the heat as best they could, since the high later that day was 95!
We had 26 total, including 4 Bad Donkeys.
Some had done stadiums before but not in awhile. Others were there for the first time. We all walked away saying the same thing: That was tough but awesome! When are we doing it again?
(Answer: June 21!)
I did an interview this week about stadium workouts with Outdoor magazine online, which is featuring stadium workouts as part of a series on summer workouts for cross training.
Here are a few top reasons I shared with Outdoor on why stadium workouts are awesome:
1. Full-body training: Legs. Cardiovascular. Upper body. Core. If you approach the stadium as a giant playground, you can work ALL of these major muscles in a single session. (See below for an example of how we did just that Saturday).
2. Endless options: You could hit the stadium every weekend and never do the same workout twice. Maybe one session you are running stadiums for reps, maybe another you are running them for time. Maybe you add in running the ramps, and strength moves like push-ups, squats and wall sits in between.
3. No gym fee, always open: The stadiums at colleges are generally public venues. And they’re often open most days, mornings through evenings. And what’s better than a FREE workout that kicks your butt!?
4. Da booty: Nothing will build your glutes, hamstrings and quads like running from the bottom to the top of a college stadium. Not only will you become a faster runner, cyclist, etc. — you will also end up with a very shapely backside if you do stadiums regularly!
5. Unstoppable: When you finish a stadiums workout, that’s how you feel – precisely BECAUSE it’s so challenging, yet you conquered it!
So here’s what we did, for inspiration for your own stadium workout:
Badass Stadium Session
Warmup: Jog 2 laps around stadium
Cardio drills, 3o seconds each:
- Ready Sets
- High Knees
- Side shuffles
Ladders and Muscle Ropes: Students run the ladders up and back as one student hits the muscle ropes for 15 to 30 seconds each, until every student has hit the ropes once or twice, depending on the group size or time allowed.
- Run up and back down twice
- 25 squats
- 15 bench step-ups, right and left
- 25 bench tricep dips
- 25 v-sit pull-ins
- Run from the bottom to the top ramp once
- Run up a single level of the ramps, then do 15 pushups, 10 burpees, 1-minute wall sit
- Repeat at every ramp level, until you reach the top
DONE! Whew, right?
I think all that work calls for a giveaway! How about a jar of chocolate Nuttzo, to three lucky winners?
Nuttzo is such delicious, healthy fuel for workouts. I eat it every day, literally, and often more than once a day. So …you’re welcome! Enter here to win:
Coming up: A new challenge with Fitfluential and Polar, a Kamagon-Bosu circuit, and Whole30 check-in with recipe!
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 24th, 2014 at 7:39 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.