Cavegirl Bakes: Mango Apple Thai Slaw …and a Nuttzo giveaway!
The best recipes happen by accident, no? They happen when you’re just trying to make the most of whatever is in the fridge or pantry.
So it went Sunday, when I found myself staring at two ripe mangoes, a few apples, and many jars of Nuttzo.
I wasn’t feeling like more Pineapple Slaw. I wanted something savory, but fresh and fruity at the same time.
This was the delicious result, in just 10 minutes:
Yes, that’s the beauty of slaw. You can change the flavors and combos over and over, but it never takes longer than 15 minutes to prepare.
Here’s how this one went down…oh and clearly my Nuttzo runneth over, so win a free jar from me by entering the giveaway below!
Cavegirl Bakes: Mango Apple Thai Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag shredded coleslaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp. Nuttzo (I used peanut free creamy)
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
1. Put all the slaw, cabbage and apples in a large bowl.
2. Peel and dice both mangoes. Put half into the bowl with the slaw.
3. Place the rest of the mango into a Vitamix or blender. Add in coconut milk, Nuttzo, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic plus salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the mango dressing over the slaw and mix well. Leave in fridge 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to marinate a bit.
I enjoyed this Monday for lunch with curried tuna lettuce wraps. All fresh and filling and full of flavor!
Ok, so who wants to win a jar of Nuttzo to make this awesome slaw!? You can make it with just almond butter, but Nuttzo really does taste better and is better for you!
Here ya go:
This entry was posted on Sunday, February 16th, 2014 at 9:07 pm
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.