Cavegirl Eats: ‘Nuttzo Plain’ Pumpkin-Chocolate Plantain Donuts
I love pumpkin. I am slightly
completely addicted to plantains. I love chocolate. I love Nuttzo. I also love donuts, even though they aren’t exactly a traditional Paleo food staple.
But ya know what? This Cavegirl Bakes baker-in-chief can have her cake donut and eat it too! You can, too!
After a few experiment sessions in the Cavegirl Bakes kitchen, I’ve perfected a Paleo donut that combines pumpkin, plantains, chocolate, and two kinds of Nuttzo. It even features a chocolate glaze and chocolate chip-coc0nut sprinkles! #BOOM.
Seriously. In heaven, these donuts will be available at every turn, wherever I roam!
Here’s the recipe. You’re welcome!
‘Nuttzo Plain’ Pumpkin-Chocolate Plantain Donuts
- 1 ripe plantain
- 1 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 3 Tbsp. almond meal flour
- 1/4 cup Nuttzo creamy original (I use peanut-free)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate creamy Nuttzo
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free chocolate chips (or raw cacao nibs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 6-donut pan with coconut oil.
2. In blender or food processor, combine all the donut ingredients and blend until smooth. It will be slightly thick, like a cake batter.
3. Spoon the batter among the six donut molds. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges pull away from the pan and a knife inserted comes out clean.
4. Once the donuts are cool, glaze each one with the chocolate Nuttzo. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
5. Try not to eat them all at once! This won’t be easy! 😉
Have you ever done a baked donut? A Paleo donut? What’s your favorite donut indulgence? And have you tried Nuttzo yet? Don’t forget to use my discount code (badass-15) for 15 % off your online order!
Coming up: 5 tips for sleeping more soundly…and why that good sleep is good for your brain -AND your fitness!
This entry was posted on Monday, October 28th, 2013 at 11:45 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.