A sweet addition to breakfast! You’ll ‘heart’ these Cavegirl Bakes Banana Muffins!
I love nothing more than when this blog inspires others to live healthier and make positive changes in their eating and exercise habits. I especially love it when the “others” are longtime friends now living hours away, yet still being part of the Badass Army by reading this blog, joining the Facebook page, etc.
My high school friend Nikki — after reading about my #Whole30 and seeing how many others were taking on the 30-day challenge of eating nothing but whole unprocessed foods — started her #Whole30 and dove in full throttle. An avid cook and baker, she loves the challenge of discovering new Paleo/#Whole30 foods and cooking methods in her kitchen.
She created these Paleo Banana Muffins before the first week was finished! Even more exciting: Together we have some big plans for offering “Cavegirl Bakes” Paleo treats in this and other varieties soon, so stay tuned for info on how to order for yourself or that special someone – just in time for Valentine’s Day! (If you are interested in ordering yours, email me at email@example.com)
In the meantime, try this one out. The muffins have no sugar, no processed or non “whole” ingredients. Just banana, almonds, eggs, avocado, dates and baking spices. If you are doing your #Whole30, I know the book talks alot about forgoing anything dessert-like. This “no dessert, no Paleo-fied dessert” is very key to success.
Soooo these muffins would be eaten only as part of a complete breakfast that contained protein, healthy fats, and veggies. Like a muffin plus eggs scrambled in coconut with spinach and maybe homemade breakfast sausage or diced chicken in the scramble.
If you are just a regular Paleo eater, or simply seeking a healthy muffin recipe, this is also the perfect choice! Enjoy, and stay tuned for Cavegirl Bakes updates 😉
Paleo Banana Bakes
- 1 ripe, pitted, and peeled avocado
- 1 1/2 cups of RAW almonds
- 2 cage-free eggs
- 3 sm/med overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 10 RAW almonds, chopped
- 4 organic dates, chopped (or apricots are great!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin papers in 12-muffin (regular size) pan, or oil muffin pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
2. Place all muffin ingredients in food processor, blend 1-2 minutes until batter is smooth and ingredients are combined.
3. Divide batter evenly among the 12 12 regular size muffins.
4. For the muffin center topping, combine the almonds and dates. Once the batter is poured into all 12 muffin cups, put a 1/2 teaspoon of the almond date combo on the top center of each muffin.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
Coming up: Want rich, creamy coffee with these muffins as part of a full breakfast? The Badass VP shows us how to make flavored coffee creamer that is Paleo, #Whole30 approved – and great for anyone with a lactose intolerance!…Also, 5 core moves you’ll still be feeling 5 days later!
This entry was posted on Monday, January 28th, 2013 at 8:30 am
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.